Type of service:
Advice And Information
174B Victoria Road,London,N22 7XQ
Communication Matters is committed to supporting people who find communication difficult because they have little or no clear speech.
You will find here information on methods of communication which can be used to supplement the more usual methods of speech and writing. These methods are called Augmentative and Alternative Communication, or AAC for short.
Communication Matters is a UK wide organisation and helps people of all ages and ability who need to use AAC. Our activities include:
- Lobbying, Service Delivery & National Standards - We are currently actively involved in lobbying government to ensure AAC services and equipment are supported in the new NHS reforms.
- Research - Communication Matters is leading a groundbreaking research project to gather evidence about the need and provision of AAC.
- CM National Conference - There will be great selection of presentations and plenary speakers at this year's conference - book early and save money with our Early Bird discount. Find out more about the conference & how to book a place on our website.
- Roadshows - Learn about the latest communication aids, AAC software, symbol systems and related products.
- Resources - Do have a look in our eLibrary for leaflets about AAC, past issues of the Communication Matters Journal and other publications; find your nearest AAC Assessment Service; get details of suppliers of AAC products.
- AAC Discussion Forum & E-News - Post a question to hundreds of members in the AAC Forum for help and advice; subscribe to our E-News delivered monthly by email.
See the website for more information.
Contact provider for details
18 years - 99 years
- Communication Difficulties
Last updated on: