Type of service:
Groups, Clubs And Activities
Heathcoat Building, Nottingham Science Park,
CP Sport, Unit 5,
Cerebral Palsy (CP) Sport is the country’s leading national disability sports organisation supporting people with cerebral palsy reach their sporting potential.
Our vision is that everyone with physical disabilities is able to access a sport of their choice. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people with physical impairments through the provision of appropriate sport and recreational activities.
Our aims are to increase participation, raise aspirations, promote inclusion and help fulfil the potential of children, young people and adults with disabilities. We achieve this through providing disability sports, such as football, swimming, athletics, bowls, table cricket and adapted sports. We also offer expert, specialist support to parents, support workers, teachers, coaches, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, sport providers and other professionals on how to adapt sports for people with cerebral palsy.
Our objectives are:
• To increase participation in sport and physical activity by people with cerebral palsy and other physical impairments
• To inspire people with cerebral palsy, physical disabilities and long-term health conditions to lead to more active and fulfilling lives.
• To help make people aware of the wide range of opportunities to maximise participation.
• To reduce the barriers and isolation faced by so many people with cerebral palsy.
• To provide increased choice and access to sport and leisure activities and opportunities.
• To build partnership with key organisations and connect organisations with similar aims to create collaborative working.
Anyone of any age with cerebral palsy or people that support someone with cerebral palsy are welcome
- Anyone With Cerebral Palsy
Last updated on: