Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Havelock Junior School,
Havelock is a school of approximately 330 children, both boys and girls, catering for children from the age of seven to eleven years. The school building, built over a 100 years age and located in the centre of the town has been extended and developed, creating a pleasant working environment for both adults and children.
The school is committed to providing a learning environment where the achievements of all are valued and individuals are respected and encouraged to work hard and learn in order to achieve their potential. The school places great value on a close working partnership between parents, staff and governors in order to support the children's learning, and actively encourage the involvement of parents, both at school and at home, in this process.
This is a school identified in the Accessibility Strategy 2015 to 2017 that has special adaptations for disabled pupils over and above what would be required under general planning and building regulations and will have as a minimum:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and entrance to the school.
- A changing facility for pupils.
- A designated area for physiotherapy/treatment as required
- Specialist furniture e.g. variable height tables where appropriate and other physical aids
7 years - 11 years
SENCO: Kate West
Last updated on: