Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Alfred Street Junior School,
At Alfred Street School we believe in the importance of valuing the individual and in enabling each individual to achieve his/her full potential in a happy, caring and secure environment.
This belief is supported by the aims of the school, which are:
- To provide a happy, caring and secure learning environment in which each child and member of staff may develop to their full potential and where they may have the confidence to express themselves freely.
- To raise standards of school achievement by setting targets, and monitoring and evaluating attainment
- To provide high quality teaching, focused on the prior achievements and learning needs of the children.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum ensuring that equal opportunities are given to all children regardless of culture, religion, sex or ability.
- To recognise and value each individual's contribution to the life of our school. Tolerance, understanding and concern for each other, the immediate and global environment are to be fostered and encouraged.
- To extend and improve our community relationships and to develop strong and meaningful links with our school cluster group.
- To be an inclusive community, providing for the needs of all our pupils and preparing them for life in twenty-first century society.
7 years - 11 years
SENCO: Julie Cope
Last updated on: