Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Rowan Gate Primary School,
Rowan Gate is a community day special school for pupils aged 2 to 11 designated to offer 100 places in Welling borough and 56 places in Rushden.
The school meets the needs of pupils who:
- Have attainments well below the expected range of their peers with additional difficulties that may include physical difficulties, speech and language delay, low self esteem, sensory impairment and under developed social skills.
- Have significant or severe learning difficulties
- Have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder that requires structured teaching and may require discrete provision.
Situated in a very pleasant educational campus with a mainstream nursery and infant schools Rowan Gate enjoys excellent facilities.
These include a hydrotherapy pool, soft playroom, sensory room, physiotherapy and occupational therapy room, well-equipped medical room and a speech therapy room. The school has 13 classrooms, splash room, music room, food technology room and a library.
The school has extensive grounds for outdoor educational and play pursuits, including large playgrounds with adventure and climbing play equipment. We have a sensory courtyard and a wheelchair swing.
We have a parent’s room which is used by the pre-school group and parents. At Rowan Gate we are involved in the Healthy Schools Programme, which relates to the Government initiative Every Child Matters.
Music Therapy is very important to our school. We believe in the power of music therapy to address educational difficulties and needs and to offer therapeutic intervention to our pupils. Please read our statement on this.
We also believe that everyone has the right to discover and use their creative and artistic talents so the school has worked hard to achieve the Gold Artsmark Award. We aim to offer all our pupils the right to develop artistically.
3 years - 11 years
English, French, Latvian, Polish, Russian
SENCO: Julia Coles (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Child With A Statement
- Child With An Education, Health And Care Plan (EHC)
- Via Education, Health And Care Team
Last updated on: