Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Chenderit school was founded in 1979 to serve the villages of south Northamptonshire and has grown since then into a popular and successful school. As an 11 to 18 comprehensive school, and an academy since March 2012, Chenderit accepts every student who lives in our catchment area. Each year a number of students join us from schools in Oxfordshire and elsewhere, in particular joining our highly successful sixth form, which is largely housed in new, purpose-built accommodation, teaching rooms and lecture theatre.
This is a school identified in the Accessibility Strategy 2015 to 2017 that has special adaptations for disabled pupils over and above what would be required under general planning and building regulations and will have as a minimum:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and entrance to the school.
- A changing facility for pupils.
- A designated area for physiotherapy/treatment as required.
- Specialist furniture e.g. variable height tables where appropriate and other physical aids.
11 years - 18 years
SENCO: Naomi Longley
Last updated on: