Type of service:
Northamptonshire Highways, Mainstream Transport,
Generally; transport will be approved for a child with SEND when:
- they live further from the school than 2 miles (under 8 years), 3miles (over 8 years) and have a statement or EHC plan
- the LA has named the school and its the above distance away from home
- the child has severe medical/physical conditions and has written advice supporting a transport need which has been approved.
Transport will not be approved when:
- the child is not attending their nearest appropriate school and its of parental choice
- the child lives within a mile of the school taking an acceptable walking route.
There are other circumstances which may be deemed exceptional which can be viewed in the NCC policy on SEN transport.
Last updated on: