If a child is in immediate danger contact the police and/or ambulance immediately on 999.
Report a childs safeguarding concern
If you are concerned about a child's welfare please report it using the Thresholds and Pathways process .
When should you report a concern about an adult working with children?
You should report all cases in which it is alleged that any person who works with children has:
- behaved in a way that has harmed, or may have harmed, a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against children, or related to a child
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children, for example if their conduct falls within any of these categories of abuse: physical, emotional, sexual, neglect
How to report a concern
You can report a concern using the online form below
What happens when you report a concern with us? – The Designated Officer
Your allegation will go to our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and referred to a Designated Officer (also known as LADO). Designated Officers are accountable to the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children’s Board (NSCB) and operate independently within Children’s Services to help safeguard children. The Designated Officer will contact you to let you know if this allegation has met the threshold for further investigation.
If the concern warrants further investigation, the Designated Officer will also:
- capture and co-ordinate the sharing of all the information relating to the case with the officers and agencies that need to be informed
- provide advice and guidance to the employers or voluntary organization
- monitor and track the progress of the case through to its conclusion, with the aim to resolve it as quickly as possible
- look at an emerging patterns of behaviour
- You should raise a concern within 24 hours of the incident
- The Designated Officer has 3 to 5 working days and where a Designated Officer strategy meeting is appropriate, the Designated Officer will arrange the initial meeting to include the employer and relevant multi-agency partners
- Allegations should be resolved within three months
If you have a question for the Designated Officer, you can contact them using the email address below.
If you have used the Designated Officer service, we want to hear your comments.
Please give us your comments using the feedback form.