Domestic Abuse - Notifications to Schools
We are rolling out a domestic abuse notification system across the county following a successful pilot. The scheme will help to better support children affected by domestic abuse by improving communication between the child's school or setting, the Police, and the Education Inclusion Team.
Making Children Safer Events
The second annual Making Children Safer Events aimed at schools took place in Northampton, Kettering and Towcester on 3 - 5 June 2015.
The theme of these events was to provide schools with an update on feedback they provided last year and what the Local Authority had done in response as well as the Improvement Board priorities moving forward which are, shown below:
The next 12 months – Improvement Board Priorities:
- Strengthening the early help offer
- Ensuring those vulnerable to Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) are identified, supported and protected
- Embedding consistent good practice for children in need of protection and care
- Improving educational outcomes for Looked after Children (LAC)
- Further improving partnership engagement and commitment
Presentations were also delivered on the revised Early Help & Prevention Strategy, how Good Schools can transform lives, as well as colleagues from Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust providing an overview of how to access health services they provide.
- 149 Schools/Settings with 198 individual delegates attended over the three sessions.
- 96% of delegates who provided feedback strongly agreed or agreed that the event was useful.
View the presentation slides