Barby Church of England Primary School admissions information Daventry Road, Barby, CV23 8TR
Oversubscription criteria: September 2016 entry
The governors will admit all pupils with a statement of Special Educational Need or Education Health and Care Plan which names the school.
When there are more applications than there are places available, the governors will admit pupils according to the following criteria which are listed in order of priority:
- A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order
- Children who live in Barby and Onley
- Children with an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 2, priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. Within any other criterion, applications will be prioritised on the distance from the child’s home to school.
Distances are provided by the Local Authority and are measured on a straight-line basis using a geographical information system.
Pupils who will have a brother or sister continuing on the school roll at the date of starting at the school. The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a “sibling”) is:
- A brother of sister sharing the same parents
- A half-brother or half-sister, where two children share one common parent
- A step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership. The partners must have co-habited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners) for a minimum of 2 years
- Adopted children
A brother or sister must be living at the SAME address when the application is made.
Oversubscription criteria:2015-2016 entry
Please refer to the oversubscription criteria for Community Primary Schools Rural if you are applying for 2015-2016 entry.