Priors Hall Primary School, Off Gretton Road, Priors Hall Park, Corby NN17 5EB
Admission criteria: September 2016 entry
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, after the admission of children with Statements of special Educational Needs, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order:
- Looked After Children and Previously Looked After Children
- Children who are residents within the school’s defined catchment area
- Children who have a sibling currently attending the school
- Where the member of teaching and non-teaching staff has been employed at the school for two or more years, at the time of which the application for admission to the school is made and/or the member of teaching and non-teaching staff is recruited to fill a vacant post, for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage
- Proximity of the child’s home address to the school, those living nearer being accorded the higher priority.
Measurements will be straight line distances taken using the Local Authority’s computerised measuring system.
Where it is necessary to choose between two or more applicants, the tiebreaker will be distance with the child who resides the nearest to the school being given the place. Where there is more than one applicant at the relevant distance, then the tiebreaker will be random allocation. The random allocation process will be independently supervised.
The school’s catchment area is shown on the map available from the school. Where there is a dispute as to whether a particular address is within the Catchment area, the school’s decision shall be final.
The child’s home address is the address of the parent or legal guardian with whom the child spends the majority of the time during the school week (Sunday–Thursday nights). Parents/legal guardians may be asked to produce evidence of residency/home address at any time during the admissions process. The address used must be the home address at the time of application. If a house move is planned the new address may only be used once Exchange of Contracts has taken place or a Tenancy Agreement has been signed.
- A brother or sister sharing the same parents.
- A half brother or half sister, where two children share one common parent.
- A step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership. The partners must be living together in a permanent relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners).