Computers in libraries
All 36 Northamptonshire libraries have computers with broadband internet access available for you to use.
|Full charged service ||£1.00 for up to 20 minutes (Saturday to Thursday), free on Fridays|
- Full access to the Internet including: typing web addresses; using search engines; using email accounts
- Full access to Microsoft Office 2007 applications
|e-Library service||Free every day|
- Free access to websites listed on the e-library (except for email, search engine and social media websites
- Where websites listed on the e-library provide links to other websites, customers will also be able to access these websites for free
Printing and scanning
Printing and scanning is available in every library from the library computers.
You will need to use
your own memory stick or memory card when scanning.
|A4 black and white printouts ||20p per sheet|
|A4 colour printouts||50p per sheet |
|A3 black and white printouts ||30p per sheet|
|A3 colour printouts||£1 per sheet|
Do I have to book a computer?
- We advise you to pre-book a computer whenever possible.
- Library members can book a computer up to 7 days in advance using the 'Book a Computer' icon on any library computer desktop.
WiFi access in libraries
All of our libraries now offer WiFi access. Find your nearest library.
The free, unlimited Wi-Fi service is available for anyone to use, whether or not they are library members. Customers can access the Wi-Fi themselves using their own devices, such as mobile phones, iPads and laptops.
Watch a video about our WiFi service
Funding required for Wi-Fi future
Please note: our Wi-Fi solution is a pilot and is only available for a period of one year.
We will extend the contract if we are able to secure the funding to continue the contract.
Funding of £50,000 is required to continue the contract across 38 sites (this includes Brixworth Country Park and Northampton Record Office).