Only full library members can borrow items to take home, reserve items using the Library catalogue and use our online information resources from home or anywhere via the internet.
Full library membership
Full library membership is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Northamptonshire.
To join, please visit your library.
Find your nearest library
- If you are
over 18, you will not be required to bring proof of identification
- If you are
under 18, you must have a parent or guardian present
Full library members can:
- borrow books and other items from all Northamptonshire public libraries
- reserve items using the Library Catalogue and online resources
- download for free: e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines and music downloads
- free access to premium online subscription websites such as encyclopaedias and newspaper archives through our e-Library.
Virtual library membership
If you wish to access e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines and music downloads; and also every resource in our e-Library without becoming a full library member, you can become a Virtual library member.
To become a Virtual library member, you must:
- live, work or study in Northamptonshire
- be aged 16 or over
- have a personal email address
How to apply
Once we have processed your form, your membership number will then be emailed to you.
Please note: we may occasionally send you information about our services and invite you to take part in customer surveys and consultations.