CarKraft is free of charge and is an award-winning road safety initiative designed to reduce the
number of people killed and seriously injured on Northamptonshire's roads
What is CarKraft?
Originally designed for young drivers aged between 17 to 24 years of age and pre drivers, it has become so successful that since 2012 CarKraft has evolved and expanded to include licence holders of all ages and non-drivers aged 15.
The courses are tailored specifically to impart a dynamic mix of workshops and driving challenges, set within the inspirational British Grand Prix venue and the home of British Motor Racing - Silverstone Race Circuit and Rockingham Motor Speedway. The CarKraft tutors represent some of the most highly qualified motoring professionals, offering many years experience in both motor racing and advanced driving techniques.
Part classroom based and part practical, participants experience first hand the perils of adverse road conditions by driving on Porsche's state of the art purpose built test facility or the purpose built Rockingham Wetgrip Area.
Who is it for?
Non drivers aged 15 years +
- Your first driving lesson with a qualified driving instructor
- Starting Off Workshop - find out what it takes to get your driving licence, how to find a qualified driving instructor and how to stay safe on the roads
Drivers aged 17 years +
- On-road assessment with an advanced driver in cars provided by Renault UK
- A safer driving workshop - an interactive session looking at staying safe on the roads
- Skid control - learn how to control a car in varying road/weather conditions on the state of the art Porsche ice hill and kick plate or the purpose built Rockingham Wetgrip Area
How much does it cost?
CarKraft is free.
Book your placeCarKraft website